AHE Presents 2014 Recognition Awards
October 28, 2014 | Formats: News Release
Chicago, October 28, 2014 - The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE), of the American Hospital Association, has announced the recipients of the 2014 Recognition Awards for excellence in caring for the environment, volunteer service, mentorship and environmental sustainability.
- Phoenix Award sponsored by AeroWest: The highest honor bestowed upon an AHE member, the Phoenix was presented to Ali Khan, REH, CHESP, manager environmental services at Shore Health System, Easton, Md., for his unparalleled and all-inclusive service and contributions to the advancement of every aspect of AHE, for exceptional leadership and for demonstration of quality and excellence in the profession.
- J. Owen Flynn Memorial Award sponsored by Wexford Labs, Inc: Noel Clinton Feik, director of guest services at Bassett Medical Center, Cooperstown, N.Y., was presented the J. Owen Flynn Memorial award for her service to her community as a member of a local prison ministry, through her work with the Family Services Association and efforts to open Crossroads Inn for individuals re-entering the community from prison or rehabilitation.
- Additionally, the following companies were recognized for their support as participants in the AHE sponsorship program:
- Pinnacle Award: Dr. Rosie Lyles, MD, MHA, clinical affairs head, research and development-PPD accepted the first ever Pinnacle Award on behalf of Clorox Healthcare. This award was presented to Clorox not only because of their remarkably generous education grants, but because of their steadfast commitment to AHE’s mission and vision of advancing the profession through evidence-based recommendations and education.
- 10 year Participation: Robb Rebisa, strategic development manager of healthcare accepted an award on behalf of corporate champion Orkin, in recognition of their 10 years of support as participants in the AHE sponsorship program.
All awards were presented at EXCHANGE in Tampa, Fla. along with the Heart of Healthcare and Environmental Service Department of the Year awards.
The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) is a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association. AHE is the professional organization of choice for professionals responsible for caring for the patient and resident care environment across all care settings; including hospitals, long term care, continuing care retirement communities and ambulatory care. AHE shapes professional practice, advances and promotes the profession and promotes awareness for over 2,000 professionals working to ensure a clean and safe healthcare environment and quality outcomes. www.ahe.org