2018 Heart of Health Winner - Congratulations, James Carlin of Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ!
Heart of Health Care Award
Congratulations to Stephan Vick from Northside Hospital in Atlanta, who will be presented with The 2019 Heart of Health Care award during Exchange annual conference in San Antonio, Texas, August 21-24.
Developed by the Association for the Health Care Environment and Kimberly-Clark Professional, the Heart of Health Care Award recognizes and honors outstanding frontline environmental services technicians making a contribution to support safety initiatives and reduction and prevention of Health care Associated Infections (HAIs).
Key characteristics of nominees:
- Demonstrates by consistent practice the purpose and importance of diligently cleaning and disinfecting the high-touch objects in patient or resident rooms likely to become contaminated with pathogens capable of causing HAIs.
- Has been recognized or named for interacting well with patients and patient families and is willing and able to explain why she or he is cleaning specific patient areas.
- Demonstrates the importance of standard and transmission-based precautions for all patient-based contact in the health care setting by: Having the ability to explain it, and correctly donning and removing PPE
- Nurtures a sense of recognition, pride and accomplishment for the valuable role the Environmental Services department plays in keeping patients or residents safe and infection-free.
- Is respected by other team members and other departments.